Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WATCH WHAT YOU SAY, WHO YOU SAY IT TO, WHERE YOU SAY IT

Today I had an experience on facebook that leads me to believe too many especially young activists out there do not quite understand how easily conspiracy laws can be used against them.


I posted an article about coercive abuse of Indian women by the Indian Health Services and an ACLU suit.  A while later I found that someone had commented on my post.  Although, I am sure they did not mean it as a direct threat, it was the sort of statement that surely could have ended up as an overt act in a federal conspiracy indictment.


It is worth your time to become somewhat familiar with FEDERAL CONSPIRACY LAWS.


 I was convicted in the early 70s in federal court on a bombing conspiracy charge.  Overt Acts cited in the indictment were as simple as "on or about such and such a date so and so had a discussion."  I am not jesting.



























  Now, if you were part of the discussion the Feds were concerned about (and I personally never figured out what discussion they had in mind) and someone in that discussion went out and did something....zowie.


If the Feds want to get you, the conspiracy law makes it very simple.  Hell, put in the right context we are all participating in some conspiracy somewhere no doubt without ever knowing it.


By the way this sort of thing is yet another reason to never say a word to the police or the feds.  A simple comment when read back in court in another context can become something totally different.  I saw it happen.


REMEMBER ANYTHING YOU SAY ON THE INTERNET IS IN GOVERNMENT HANDS.


ANYTHING YOU SAY TO THE AUTHORITIES CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU  (AND OTHERS) IN A COURT OF LAW.


DON'T BE STUPID.


And as they used to say on NYPD Blues, "Be careful out there."

No comments: