Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I LOVE MY GREYHOUND WHITNEY AND THAT IS WHY I AM SHUTTING DOWN SCISSION FOR NOW

As some of you may remember, my greyhound Whitney was diagnosed with bone cancer in february.  Then it never grew and we assumed it wasn't cancer after all.  Now, it appears to be growing.  I am still hoping like hell it is something else we are seeing on the x ray, but she will begin taking some stuff and some treatments which are aimed at pain relief starting right away.  I can't express how much I hate this.  Our first greyhound, Sasha died of bone cancer.  It is not uncommon amongst greyhounds.  There is not much that can be done except alleviate pain.  


I intend to take a break from SCISSION now as I just don't feel like doing it.  


Perhaps, that will change in a few days.  Perhaps, doing SCISSION actually helps, if you know what I mean.  We'll see.


I'll be back when I am back.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

So sorry about Whitney. I have a greyhound of my own. I've heard it's the stresses of racing that makes them susceptible to bone cancer.

Also sorry I just discovered your blog after you decided to suspend publication.

Best of luck and keep fighting!

Oread Daily said...

Jeff, thank you so much for your thoughts. It has to be related to the racing as AKC greyhounds have dramatically less bone cancer then racing greyhounds. Our first greyhound also died from this hideous disease.

Meanwhile, I decided it was better for me to just keep on plugging away with Scission for now. Maybe not quite so regular.